Chicken Xpress Trading (Pty) Ltd (‘Chicken Xpress’) respects the privacy of every person who visits and/or uses this website and/or our social media platforms (‘the Service’). We will comply with all applicable data protection laws and regulations and will co-operate with data protection authorities.
2. Who we are
Chicken Xpress is a South African company focused on facilitating take-away restaurant franchises in Africa.Suite 235a, Island Office Park, 37 Island Circle, Riverhorse Valley, Durban and can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may from time-to-time need your personal information to improve our products, menu and general service offerings – this information will be collected in accordance with this policy and applicable South African legislation.
3. Overview of the information we collect to improve the Service
We will only ever use your personal information to improve our service, and strictly in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (‘POPI’). Examples of personal data we will collect:
- Age group and/or date of birth;
- E-mail address;
- Meal preferences and shopping habits;
- IP address geographical location;
- User-generated content, posts and other information you submit to us;
- Details of visits to our site, the application and use of the Service.
In addition, we may, from time-to-time, use third party services (such as Google Analytics) that collect, analyse and monitor log data pertaining to the Service in order to optimize, improve and audit the products we offer.
We may also use your personal information to contact you regarding any complaint, query or comment. Furthermore, and in accordance with POPI, we may use your personal data to carry out our obligations arising from any contract with you, to notify you about changes to our Service, to assist with business development, and in connection with any legal proceedings, or where we have a right or duty to disclose the information in terms of law or industry codes.
- Specific information we may hold
We may, for example, collect and use the following information about you:
- Name, email address and cell phone number;
- IP address or cookie information;
- Age, gender and race;
- Meal preferences and shopping habits;
and any other information which we reasonably need to perform our duties in pursuance of any agreement we may have with you, make decisions about you in relation to the Service, or fulfil our regulatory or other business obligations.
3.2 Personal information about children and special personal information
Chicken Xpressdoes not intentionally collect personal information about children and will only process information about children with the express consent of a competent person (someone like the parent or guardian) or if otherwise permitted in law.
Chicken Xpress also does not intend to process any “special personal information” as defined in POPI, which includes for example political, religious or health-related information, and we will only process special personal information with your express consent or if otherwise permitted to do so in law.
3.3 Specific Information we may share
We will only share your information with third parties that we have trusted relationships with, and selected third parties who perform services on our behalf. All service providers are bound by contract to maintain the security of your personal information and to use it only as permitted by us, in accordance with this policy and in accordance with POPI and applicable South African law.
We may share information about you:
- with employees in accordance with their employment relationships with us;
- with any firm, organisation or person we use to provide a service on our behalf;
- with any firm, organisation or person who provides us with products or services, where applicable;
- with any payment system we may use;
- with regulatory and governmental authorities, ombudsmen, or other authorities, including tax authorities, where we are requested by them to do so;
- with credit bureaus that collect information about credit applications; and
- with any other third party if allowed to do so in law.
3.4 How we use your information
We undertake to only process your information insofar it is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purposes set out below. Further, we will only use your personal information for a purpose compatible with that for which it was collected.
We will use your information to:
- operate and manage your agreement with us or correspondence you may have with us;
- carry out, monitor and analyse our business;
- contact you via social media or by email, SMS, letter, telephone or in any other way about our products and services as allowed for in law, unless you tell us that you prefer not to receive marketing communications;
- to form a view of you as an individual and to identify, develop or improve products or services that may be of interest to you;
- carry out market research, business and statistical analysis;
- perform other administrative and operational purposes including the testing of systems;
- comply with our regulatory or other obligations;
- carry out any other reasonable business operation considering our business and the relationship between the parties.
Your information may also be used for other purposes for which you give your permission or where we are permitted to do so in law or it is in the public interest to disclose the information.
You may on reasonable grounds object to the processing of your personal information, after which we undertake not to continue to process such information, except as provided for in law.
4. Cookies and Web Beacons
Cookies are files with small amounts of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Our website and/or the Service may contain electronic image requests (sometimes referred to as “web beacon” requests) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of your personal information. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our Service.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security, but we can guarantee that we will take all reasonable measures to protect the security of your data.
6. Access to your information
You have a right to access certain personal records we hold about you. Requests can be made in writing to email@example.com We want to make sure that your information is accurate and up to date. You may also ask us to correct or remove any information that you think is inaccurate and you can do so by sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Transfers of personal information outside South Africa
We may transfer personal information outside South Africa to a foreign country. Personal information may be stored on servers located outside South Africa in a foreign country whose laws protecting personal information may not be as stringent as the laws in South Africa. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent. We will at all times ensure that all reasonable measures to protect the security of your data are taken and that any data transferred out of the country will only be processed in accordance with Chicken Xpress’ instructions.
8. Links to other websites and social media platforms
9. Changes to this policy
We may amend this policy from time-to-time. Please check our website periodically to inform yourself of these changes.